Oasis® Digital Hygrometer/Thermometer
A guitar, or any other stringed musical instrument made of wood, is at risk of cracking when the relative humidity drops below 40%. The Oasis® Digital Hygrometer accurately measures relative humidity and can help you decide when to use your Oasis® Guitar Humidifier. Because relative humidity varies greatly, even inside your home, we recommend that you keep your hygrometer close to your instrument.
To get an accurate humidity reading for the guitar body, we recommend that you first lay the guitar case with the back to the floor and open the cover. Take a small piece of cloth and place it under the hygrometer to avoid scratching the top of your guitar. Put the hygrometer on the guitar top with the sensor at the edge of the sound hole. Close the case and allow 4-6 hours for the humidity to stabilize. Open the case and look at the reading within a few seconds and you get the humidity reading that existed just before you opened the case.
- Guaranteed for 5 full years
- Super-slim profile design with secure Velcro mount fits anywhere
- Advanced humidity sensor maintains exceptional accuracy for years
- Records high/low temperatures
- Measures temperature in C or F
- On/off switch
- 3.0 v 2032 battery included - annual replacement needed
- Measures: 10 x 3.2 x 0.95 cm
Measuring Range............20% to 90% RH (Relative Humidity)
Updating time..................10 seconds
Measuring range.................0º-50ºC or 32°-122ºF with 0.1°C/0.1ºF resolution